Teenage Summer programme TEEN 20
|For more than 10 years, the school has welcomed teenagers all year round. They are mainly from Italy, Russia, the USA, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and New Zealand. We offer these young people the opportunity to have a direct contact with France and the French. We provide the essential active and dynamic techniques for the young students to build on their knowledge of French.|
We always select our best teachers to offer these students a quality French course.
|Content of course|
- Age : 12 years old to 16 years old
- Date : From Sunday 4th July to Saturday 31st July 2010
- Minimum stay : 2 weeks
- Maximum Stay : 4 weeks
- Starting Dates : Sunday 4th July 2010 or Sunday July 18th 2010
- Number of lessons : 20 lessons and 7 activities per week
- Length of lessons : 45 minutes
- French classes Monday to Friday with experienced International House teachers
- Classroom materials
- Family accommodation in double room with breakfast and dinner and packed lunch at school.
- Full programme of diverse extra-curricular activities and excursions organised for every afternoon and evening by qualified team leaders
- Return transfers from airport to family
This programme is aimed at students who have studied the language for at least a year. It must be noted that complete beginners are not accepted and that students should be aged between 12 and 16.
The classes will make small groups of 15 students maximum at an equal level of French and are based on active practical work and role-play, ensuring that the student gets plenty of practice in real French life as well as having fun! The International House teachers specialise in teaching French to young foreigners and every student is encouraged to participate in class as much as possible
Lessons begin at 9 am and end at 12.15, Monday to Friday, except on bank holidays.
At the end of their stay, each participant will receive a certificate indicating their oral and written level in French, according to the standards set by the European Council. In keeping with the reputation of International House, we make every effort to ensure that our students receive lessons of high quality, adapted to suit their needs.
Activities are organised every afternoon with two full day excursions over the weekend. You will participate in activities such as the following :
All supervisors have obtained a diploma recognised by the Ministère Français de la Jeunesse et des Sports, ensuring their capability to care for young people during activities.
- Team sports (football, basketball, volleyball etc)
- Watersports (parachute, kayak, swimming)
- Cultural activities (visits to museums such as the Matisse, Chagall, and Picasso art galleries, and the Museum of Modern Art)
- Excursions (Monaco, Antibes, Cannes)
- Outdoor activities in the countryside (adventure park, aqua splash)
All students are met at Nice Côte d’Azur International Airport on arrival by their host family who will then accompany them safely to the family's home. All staff members involved have been authorised to work with teenagers in accordance with French Government legislation.
Learning to live together in an international environment
During your stay, you will have every opportunity to speak French, the common language between you and your classmates. You will learn to live with respect for your friends, regardless of their nationality or their social and religious differences. You will come to appreciate and enjoy the cultural and linguistic diversity amongst your fellow students. You will contribute to the beginnings of a more humane society in a United Europe, creating a more tolerant and compassionate world.
If you wish, choose something from the list below to bring with you :
and of course, your desire to speak French with your classmates from all around the world!
- Photos of your country or your family
- An object that symbolises your country
- Your guitar or violin...
- Your passion or hobby to share with the others...